Jersey Baptist Church
2920 Jersey Church Rd.
Lexington, NC 27292
Sunday worship is outside the sanctuary and live on YouTube at 10:00a.m. (subscribe to Jersey's channel)
Jersey Baptist Church and Community
Your pastor, deacons, and other leaders have been monitoring, listening, talking at length and praying regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
As we continue to journey through the developments concerning the Coronavirus, Jersey Baptist Church wants to encourage you and to let you know how Jersey will respond.
First, we want to rest in the sovereignty and love of God. We can rest in God's constant presence and careful attention to all that is happening. Psalm 46 tells us that it is God who is our refuge and strength, and our ever-present help in trouble.
Secondly, out of love for one another and our community, let's be intentional to heed the wisdom and guidance of those God has graciously put in place to help us respond to this virus issue.
How is Jersey Baptist Church functioning?
1. The church is believers in Jesus Christ
2. While the church is not gathering for weekly times of public worship, the church is still alive and on mission with Jesus Christ.
3. Weekly worship services are posted online via YouTube and Facebook.
4. Midweek Bible study devotion and fellowship times are provided most Wednesday evenings at 7pm via YouTube and Facebook.
5. Pastor and church leadership will be creative in with worship, communication, and care for our congregation and community.
6. Church staff will work remotely and the church buildings are not open for visitors. We encourage everyone to refrain from going to the church buildings unless there is a specific need.
7. Committee and church group meetings can occur through teleconference and video conference.
8. The congregation is encouraged to give online or by mail to keep the church financially stable through the crisis.
9. The congregation will be kept updated through the website, email, One Call and social media.
Your pastor and deacon leadership are in prayer for you. Stay connected with God and with one another. Through worship, online platforms and phones, be proactive in staying connected.
Pray for medical professionals and those in positions of authority
Pray that we as a church can demonstrate what it means to love one another as we love ourselves in this unique time
Ask God to stop the growth of this pandemic and for his mercy over areas that are being severely taxed
Pray for patience and perseverance
Pray for this opportunity of rethinking, reframing, retooling and reengaging
Remember the recommendations from the CDC:
If you are sick- stay at home
Common symptoms of the Coronavirus include fever, cough, sore throat and shortness of breath/difficulty breathing.
Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Wash your hands often and stay socially distance (the love of Jesus can be expressed with 6 feet of separation)
Looking upward, growing inward, reaching outward, and moving forward with Jesus
We desire to be a community of believers that loves God and others by connecting people to Jesus. We strive to grow God’s kingdom by loving, serving, encouraging, adapting, and being equipped to accomplish God’s will.